Approved by the BCLTA Board of Directors, November 20, 2018
Complete document, including goals and the foundation for BCLTA strategic success: BCLTA Strategic Framework to 2025
Strategic Focus #1: Supporting Trustee and Board Development
- Knowledgeable, confident, and effective public library boards and trustees.
- Exemplary public library governance practices across the province that reflect local needs.
- Province wide governance that embraces public library values and concretely supports public library efforts and initiatives for reconciliation, inclusivity and diversity, and equitable access to service.
Strategic Focus #2: Representing Trustees and Boards
- The BC Public Library Partners are successful in their advocacy efforts regarding provincial funding for public libraries, connectivity, and public library services for, by, and with First Nations improves across the province.
- The membership informs, and is informed of, BCLTA advocacy actions.
- BCLTA is known to the provincial government for effectively representing the needs and priorities of public library trustees and boards.
- BCLTA is known to provincial organizations for effectively representing the needs and priorities of public library trustees and boards.
Strategic Focus #3: Connecting with Trustees and Boards
- Trustees are engaged with their association, use its resources, and participate in the governance of the association.
- BCLTA knows the common issues of common concern across the province and is familiar with unique local issues.
- BCLTA is knowledgeable and con dent in supporting and representing the needs of trustees and boards.