Mark your calendars on May 11, 2019 for the BC Public Libraries Summit, Future Focused Public Libraries: value, investment, and results.
This full day event will bring trustees, library directors, library and community leaders, and government officials together for discussions that make a difference, learning that creates change, and strategizing that leads to meaningful action.
When: Saturday, May 11th, 9am to 4pm
Location: Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, Surrey, BC.
Includes: Lunch and refreshment breaks
What you have to say about future focused public libraries and investment is important! Contact Babs about doing a Lightning Talk (under 3 minutes).
- Special guests and speakers include:
- Kevin Kelly and his son Michael Gabriel from the Kwantlen First Nation who are generously providing an Indigenous Blessing to open the event.
- His Worship Mayor Doug McCallum of the City of Surrey.
- Morning keynote from Alden E. Habacon, Diversity & Inclusion Strategist.
- Wendy Wright, Library Director and Wally Bergen, Board Chair from the Smithers Public Library speaking on their library, community, and reconciliation.
- Gordon Yusko, Assistant Director, Community Engagement, Irving K. Barber Learning Centre, UBC Library, speaking on community development in BC’s rural and northern regions
- Jody Johnson, Principal, PEERs Employment and Education Resources Inc., PEERs works on a range of projects and is especially proud to be project managing all elements of NewToBC.
- The Agenda for the Summit will be updated as other speakers and information is confirmed.
- BC Public Libraries Summit Agenda (March 20th)
- Jennifer Miller, Director, Engagement and Communications with Delaney + Associates will be facilitating the day’s discussions.
Please contact the BCLTA Executive Director, Babs Kelly, with any questions about, or needs (access and comfort, dietary, ASL interpretation) for the day.
BCLTA is grateful to the BC Public Library Partners for their collaboration and support.
With much thanks to the BC Library Association and the BC Libraries Conference organizers for making this event possible with venue support.
Please join us for the following: