BCLTA offers this workshop annually during the time of the conference. We appreciate the importance of this workshop, the difference it makes to board leadership and work, and that attending the workshop is not possible for all who want this learning opportunity.
We are interested in finding collaborative opportunities for this workshop to be delivered.
Next Chairing the Board Workshop is May 12th!
Critical Role of the Board Chair from Vantage Point
- Facilitated by Denise Baker
- Room 120 at City Centre Library, Surrey Libraries
- 10350 University Dr, Surrey
Space is limited and you won’t want to miss this!
About the Workshop
- Strong board leadership is about more than running efficient meetings. Participants in this workshop will:
- Review board governance in context and the role of the board
- Gain a deep understanding of the role of the board chair
- Learn how to effectively lead the board and partner with the Chief Librarian
- Learn techniques to facilitate strategic and generative conversations that get to the heart of your mission
- This half-day workshop will focus on the three central roles of a board chair: as captain, as coach for other board members, and as catalyst for organizational change.
- » Register for a Chairing the Board workshop