20 Million in 2020
As launched at the 2019 BC Library Conference and the May 11th Summit, the BC Public Library Partners are encouraging trustees, staff, and community supporters to join with us in the 20 Million in 2020 campaign to call on the provincial government to address the provincial funding gap for BC public libraries.
Please contact your associations for more information as we quickly work for a cohesive shared message that we can all use to amplify our concerns and our ask.
Watch the Select Standing Committee on Finance and Government Services: Annual Budget Consultation for updates on the process and key dates.
Email Babs @firstname.lastname@example.org regarding buttons.
Use the social media cards below and @ your mla, your library, and others to include in on the conversation.
The BC Public Library Partners are:
- BC Library Trustees Association (BCLTA)
- Association of BC Public Library Directors (ABCPLD)
- BC Library Association (BCLA)
- BC Libraries Cooperative (BCLC)
The BC Public Library Partners (Partners) work together to:
- Increase awareness of the positive impact of BC public libraries
- Influence provincial public policy and funding impacting libraries and their communities.
As well the Partner organizations collaborate on projects such as the updating of the Trustee Orientation Program, developing and hosting sessions at the BC Libraries Conference, and providing advisement to the Libraries Branch through the Ministry of Education’s Public Library Advisory Group.
BC Public Library Partners Communications