BC public library trustees give their time and efforts to govern one of the most cherished institutions in communities across BC.
To recognize their work, each year the BCLTA accepts nominations for two different awards.
Nancy Bennett Governance Merit Award
This annual award recognizes a trustee who has contributed to strengthening public library governance provincially or regionally. The nominee must have been on a public library board within the past two years.
BCLTA Trustee Excellence Award
This annual award recognizes a trustee who through governance excellence has made a major contribution to their public library and community. The nominee must have been on a public library board within the past two years.
Please contact Jerrilyn Kirk (BCLTA Executive Director) with any questions regarding the awards.
BCLTA Awards 2022
BCLTA is pleased to announce that Wally Bergen, a long time serving member and past chair of the Smithers Public Library Board, recieved the BCLTA Trustee Excellence Award at the 2022 AGM.
BCLTA Awards 2021
BCLTA is pleased to announce the following recipients of BCLTA Trustee Excellence Award at the 2021 AGM.
- Jennifer Chan, Vancouver Public Library Board
- Josie Chuback, Whistler Public Library Board
- Anne Rayner-Gouid, Greenwood Public Library Board
- Neelam Sahota, Surrey Public Library Board
BCLTA Awards 2020
BCLTA is pleased to announce the following recipients of BCLTA Awards at the 2020 AGM.
- Judith Walton, Squamish Public Library Board, received the BCLTA Trustee Excellence Award
- Bevin Heath Ansley, Whistler Public Library Board, received the BCLTA Trustee Excellence Award
- Anni Holtby, Nelson Public Library Board, received the BCLTA Nancy Bennett Governance Merit Award
BCLTA Awards 2019
On May 10th, as part of the BC Libraries Conference Annual Awards Luncheon, the prestigious BCLTA Super Trustee Award was presented by BCLTA outgoing President Jerrilyn Schembri to Karen Reid Sidhu, Board Chair of the Surrey Libraries Board.
BCLTA Awards 2018
For the 2018 Awards the BC Library Association generously invited BCLTA to be part of their Annual Awards Luncheon. It was a real honour for Jerrilyn Schembri, as BCLTA President, to present the BCLTA trustee awards in front of a large crowd from across the library community – what a way to showcase the work of boards and trustees!
The 2018 Award recipients are:
- Kyla Epstein, Vancouver Public Library Board, for BCLTA Super Trustee Award
- Smithers Public Library Board for BCLTA Super Trustees Award
- Barry Avis, Vancouver Island Regional Library Board for BCLTA Library Advocate Award
BCLTA 2018 Awards, (l-r) Wendy Wright (Library Director, Smithers Public Library accepting on behalf of her Board), Jerrilyn Schembri (BCLTA President), Kyla Epstein (Vancouver Public Library, Board Chair) and Barry Avis (Vancouver Island Regional Library, Board Chair)